Volunteer to be a part of the bigger, global picture! In these hard socioeconomic times, we all need a helping hand. Come lend yours at The Center on Disability Studies’ annual Pacific Rim Conference on Disability and Diversity in 2015 to make a positive impact on the lives of over a thousand people from across the globe! Our past conferences have been a huge success, and with help along the way, we are looking to make 2015’s one no less. So come help us show our attendees from across the globe true aloha spirit and hospitality.
What’s in it for you:
- Here, you’ll be able to engage in interesting topics that address the global need for social change towards inclusion and acceptance.
- You’ll also meet people from across the globe that are on the forefront of such pressing issues and get to see first-hand how policies are made and changed
- You’ll receive complementary “Disability Culture & Etiquette Orientation Training” 1-2 weeks prior to the conference.
- You’ll be completing creditable volunteer experience and community service hours, backed by a certificate of completion of community service
- We will also be providing provisions of lunch for the day
What we need:
- volunteers must work 6-8 hours, hours can be divided between the two conference days
- volunteers must have access to personal transportation
If making a difference on the global scale sounds like something you’d be interested in, please click the volunteer application link, and we will be in contact with you shortly!