The EmployAble Virtual Employment Center is an innovative tool based in Second Life and designed to meet the unique employment challenges faced by people with disabilities, with a focus on Veterans and people with Traumatic Brain Injury. Employees or those seeking employment can learn job skills, interview and resume building skills, access information about employment and related supports, mentor with successfully employed individuals with disabilities, and match with potential employers. Employers can tap into the underutilized resource of employees with disabilities, and learn about supports and accommodations that lead to productive, satisfied employees.
The EmployAble Virtual World and Web site consist of three main tools:
Interactive Employment Center in Second Life
Our Second Life site is currently open and you can link to the site by copying the links below into your Second Life Browser. You must have a Second Life account and browser to access the site. For information about how to access Second Life, please review the document Introduction to Second Life.
EmployAble SURLs (copy and paste into Second Life browser)
- Welcome Center—http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Independence/129/82/25
- Skill Builder—http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Independence/145/41/25
- Match Maker—http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Independence/130/27/25
- Access Info—http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Independence/115/42/25
- Cafe on EmployAble Street—http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Independence/55/44/25